Current Humanitarian Volunteering vacancies
– EU Aid volunteers
In 2017 ADRA Slovakia joined 2-years long project HVM (Humanitarian Volunteering management) which was focusing on reinforcement and sustainability in humanitarian volunteering management. In 2019 we have joined another project as a continuation – HVA (Humanitarian Volunteers in Action) – focused on predeparture preparation and sending humanitarian volunteers abroad for their missions to post-conflict countries. Both projects are realized thanks to the financial support of the European Union within the “EU Aid Volunteers” initiative (EUAV) and led by the French organization ADICE. The project includes twelve partners coming from the European Union, Balkan, Caucasus and Maghreb.
About EU Aid Volunteers
EU Aid Volunteers brings together volunteers and organisations from different countries, providing practical support to humanitarian aid projects and contributing to strengthening the local capacity and resilience of disaster-affected communities.
Participants in the EU Aid Volunteers initiative must be over 18 years of age and be citizens of an EU Member State or long-term residents in the EU.
The support package to volunteers while on deployment includes accommodation, travel, insurance, ongoing learning, development, a monthly allowance while on deployment, and a resettlement allowance to help with expenses on returning home.
1st Call for first three EU Aid Volunteers – administrated by ADRA SLOVAKIA – were published in December 2018 – January 2019 period. 2nd Call for 2 other vacancies was published in March – April 2019.
On this page, from Winter 2018 current calls for humanitarian volunteers will be published and updated. Stay tuned!
Current calls published!
- If you are interested in journalism, intercultural communication and public presentation of projects, try to apply for a volunteering position in Georgian nonprofit organization Merkuri. More info after clicking on the position: Junior EU Aid Volunteers – Communications manager (Georgia, 12 months).
- If you are familiar with project management, our partner organization ADRA Albania is looking for you. More info after clicking on the position: Junior EU Aid Volunteers – Assistant Project manager (Albania, 9 months).
- In Winter call we were looking (in close cooperation with our partner organization ADRA Albania) for a volunteer with a strong interest in project cycle management. We have been trying to find a proper volunteer for the position: Junior EU Aid Volunteers – Project development assistant (Albania, 12 months; Application process – Closed).
- In past we were also looking for a person devoted to a support for people with disabilities or health problems. This call for volunteering came from partner NGO NCCS. The position title was: Junior EU Aid Volunteers – Occupational therapist (Albania, 12 months; Application process – Closed).
- We were also looking for someone willing to implement an income generating strategy, an efficiency of financial functioning and marketing activities of particular social enterprise in the capital of Turkey. The call was created in close cooperation with Small Projects Istanbul and the position title was: Junior EU Aid Volunteers – Income generating activities & Livelihoods Assistant (Turkey, 12 months; Application process – Closed).
How to apply
Visit ADRA website: https://www.adra.sk/en/volunteering_vacancies/
Go through all the Application requirements: Self-Assessment Questionnaire, Application form, EuroPass CV + Cover Letter
Send everything to email@example.com – deadline for the applications: 14. 04. 2019
Attend the Training for Humanitarian Aid Volunteers in Brussels
Mandatory orientation and/or internship (Apprenticeship at ADRA Slovakia’s office) in Bratislava
Deployment: ½ July 2019 – ½ July 2020 (9 – 12 months)
We have created new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, because we know that in next few weeks we will receive many questions, as well as well prepared motivation letters and CVs. The Application Infopack to be downloaded here. Good luck!